This is actually my first attempt at vintage/shabby chic. I don’t even know whether you can call my tag that!
Made this tag for friendship day. I actually made two almost identical ones for two friends at office 🙂
Here’s how I made the tag
1. Take a piece of white CS
2. Stamp the HA script BG with Versamark, and clear emboss it.
3. Distress the piece in antique linen. Not the clear embossing will become prominent
4. Ink the HA leaf and floral background partially in spun sugar and partially in worn lipstick. Spritz the stamp with water.
5. Stamp it onto the distressed+embossed piece. Now you should get a nice mixed Background.
6. Die Cut a piece of above BG with the largest IBS Labels 2 die
7. Trace the outline of the IBS die, and fussy cut it. This piece will be a quarter of an inch larger than the die-cut from the previous step. With a light hand, distress the edges with Walnut Stain.
8. Mat the smaller piece onto the bigger one.
9. Trace the location where you want to punch a hole, and then punch through for perfect placement,
The ribbon is from Kaisercraft’s antique collection.
The embellishments were done using a similar technique – water misting.
Emboss the base CS with the script stamp and gold embossing powder.
Dab the colors you want onto the craft sheet. Spritz it with water. Randomly press your CS onto the sheet to achieve a mice splotchy BG.
1. flower – worn lipstick and spun sugar with a hint of antique linen
2. leaf – antique linen, mustar seed(to subtle down the peeled paint) and peeled paint.
3. Banner – antique linen, worn lipstick and spun sugar.
Entering this tag into “For the love of crafting” Challenge #17 – Make a Tag.
White CS – Priya’s Craft Shop
Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Walnut Stain – From Priya’s Craft Shop
HA Script Stamp, HA leaf and floral Stamp, – Crafters Corner
Time Holtz Tattered Floral Die – Joann
Clearly Besotted Leafy Accent Die – Clearly Besotted
Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark, Ranger Craft Sheet, Heat Gun(European version) – Amazon
Gold Embossing Powder – Crafters Corner
Kaisercraft ribbon – Itsy Bitsy