I made a card for the case study challenge this weekend. The muse of the month is Jennifer Mcguire from Jennifer Mcguire Ink. Here’s Jennifer’s muse card.
Isn’t the card fabulous? And to think she did that with a background stamp! Awesome, right? When I saw Jennifer’s card I realized that I do not have a border/background stamp that I could work into diagonal strips/patterns.
One of the things that I love about Jennifer is her knack for getting more use out of her craft supplies.
The only stamp I had remotely similar was the paper smooches chevron border stamp. I then remembered the air-vent die that I had used on my previous card. So when I started to fiddle with the air vent die, I stumbled upon numerous possibilities including arrow borders of various widths, chevron bits, lattices, etc.
In my card, I’ve die cut the vent diagonally, flipped it over, aligned my die, and cut a chevron border. I repeated the air vent twice and I was happy with the result.
I then CUT(cringe!) up my PS chevron border to stamp patterns in between in various colours. Here’s the result.
White CS – Priya’s Craft Shop
HA Shadow Inks – Priya’s Craft Shop
Air Vent Die – SSS
Paper Smooches Geo-Graphical Stamp – Paper Smooches
(The little hearts)Clearly Besotted Love Quotes Stamp – Clearly Besotted